The Youth Camp Counselor will perform a variety of tasks in an in-person, summer camp setting including recreation activities, arts and crafts, sports, games, performances, and hobbies.
- Oversees the daily operations of recreational facilities.
- Plans and leads activities such as arts, crafts, games, and hobbies.
- Enforces camp rules and regulations and ensures safety in the recreational facilities.
- Performs first aid following prescribed procedures and contacts emergency medical personnel when required by the situation.
- Support multiple
- Demonstrates use of recreational equipment and teaches participants the principles, techniques, and safety procedures for each activity.
- Greets new arrivals and introduces them to other campers; explains camp and facility rules.
- Reports camper complaints to leadership and works to resolve issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn and enforce the camp’s safety and operating rules.
- Must attend staff meetings and orientation during the summer season.
Education and Experience:
- Current high school student diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience working with children is preferred.
- Must pass reference checks and background screenings, which include sex offender registry check.
- Must be able to participate in games and physical activities.
- Able to maintain attention and a high level of energy or excitement for extended periods of time.
Shift: Monday – Friday 12:00pm – 6:00pm – Compensation: $15 per hour
- May 23 – 26 – (Summer Camp Training) (8 hours)
- June 1 – 2 (Parent Orientation) (8 hours)
- June 5 – 30, 2023 + (8:00am – 12:00pm) – 20 hours per week
- June 9 -10, 2023 – Overnight Trip to Memphis, TN (Optional Chaperone Opportunities Available)
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 19, 2023 (OFF DAY)
- June 30th – Student Showcase Event