Girls Link Up – 2021 Summer Program
3D Girls Inc. is hosting a series of virtual mentoring sessions for girls of color that supports their social and emotional needs while exposing and empowering them to STEAM college and career pathways.
In creating a safe environment for open dialogue, Girls Link Up sets the stage for students to openly express their views and navigate a variety of situations. Activities are focused on leadership development, responsible decision making, and a variety of age-appropriate topics that impact middle school girls are discussed that include:
- positive communication
- responsible decision-making
- conflict resolution
- coping and resilience skills
- mental Health Promotion
- STEM-based exposure to STEAM College & Career Pathways
Summer Program Facilitator
The Summer Program Facilitator is expected to contribute to a virtual working environment that is friendly, respectful, open and honest. Summer Program Facilitators are responsible for creating culturally-relevant lesson plans for middle school girls. Summer Facilitators work together to share ideas and to develop joint projects and activities. Within the group, members are responsible for providing engaging activities for participants and in communicating with families.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed lesson plans for each four week summer session
- Assure that materials and equipment are available to support planned activities
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling to meet the needs of the overall program
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Honesty, integrity and commitment to confidentiality
- Imagination, creativity and a sense of humor
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and digital imaging programs (i.e., MS Word, Excel, downloading photos).
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Two to four years of job related program facilitation experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Weekends and evenings may be required for special events, dinners, social event, etc
- Ability to coordinate activities among diverse groups and stakeholders is preferred.
- Fluency in a second language may be preferred
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEAM or STEM-related field Specialized skills preferred: Ability to coordinate activities among diverse groups and stakeholders is preferred. Experience working with populations historically under-represented in STEM. Capacity to manage multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy. Excellent writing, editing, proof-reading and organizational skills. Equal Employment Opportunity
Pay – Hourly $20 – $25