Brief Overview of Organization:
The mission of 3D Girls, Inc. is to educate and empower young women to be advocates for themselves and their families through mentoring, prenatal and parent education and social/emotional wellness. Our work is grounded in addressing the critical disparities that limit young women the access to educational tools, financial empowerment and health resources that are needed to thrive.
More than 55 million children have lost familiar environments, daily routines, and impacted social and emotional awareness far beyond the end of this crisis. 3D Girls Inc. is partnered with the Afters-School All-Stars Atlanta program to host a series of virtual mentoring sessions for girls of color that supports their social and emotional needs while exposing and empowering them to STEAM college and career pathways. The gender-gap for STEAM interest begins between the ages of 11-15 with girls feeling a lack of confidence. Only 40% of girls say they have a role model in STEM. For girls of color, having role models creates a sense of belonging, awareness and interest in the STEAM Fields. Girls Link Up works to bridge the gap between women and STEAM through online engagement and exposure.
In creating a safe environment for open dialogue, Girls Link Up sets the stage for students to openly express their views and navigate a variety of situations. Activities are focused on leadership development, responsible decision making, and a variety of age-appropriate topics that impact middle school girls are discussed that include:
- positive communication
- responsible decision-making
- conflict resolution
- coping and resilience skills
- mental Health Promotion
- STEM-based exposure to STEAM College & Career Pathways
Fall Program Facilitator
The Program Facilitator is expected to contribute to a virtual working environment that is friendly, respectful, open and honest. Program Facilitators are responsible for creating and delivering weekly culturally-relevant lesson plans for program participants. Program Facilitators work together to share ideas and to develop joint projects and activities under the direction of the Education Outreach Coordinator. Within the group, members are responsible for providing engaging activities for participants and in communicating with families.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed lesson plans for each weekly session from September 2021 – May 2022.
- Assure that materials and equipment are available to support planned activities
- Working onsite with students grades K-8 to fulfill our mission of educating and empowering girls
- Ability to manage a classroom setting; up to 25 participants at a time.
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling to meet the needs of the overall program
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Honesty, integrity and commitment to confidentiality
- Imagination, creativity and a sense of humor
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and digital imaging programs (i.e., MS Word, Excel, downloading photos).
- Must have reliable transportation to work hybrid virtually and in-between sites.
- Contracted Position – Part-time – $15.00 – $20 per hour; based on experience. Up to 20 hours per week.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Two to four years of job related program facilitation experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Weekends and evenings may be required for special events, dinners, social events, etc.
- Ability to coordinate activities among diverse groups and stakeholders is preferred.
- Fluency in a second language may be preferred
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEAM or STEM-related field Specialized skills preferred:Ability to coordinate activities among diverse groups and stakeholders is preferred. Experience working with youth populations historically under-represented in STEM. Capacity to manage multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy. Excellent writing, editing, proof-reading and organizational skills.Equal Employment Opportunity